There are various factors other than merely pumping up a webpage with core keywords that need to be considered before you start an aggressive SEO campaign. A thorough understanding of the business that you propose to project as well as the type of people that you wish to attract plays an important role in ensuring that you deliver a finely tuned website before its very launch.
Here is how to engage in business understanding before starting any SEO campaign.
- The very first strategy that you need to implement is to know your targeted customers or target audience. You need to know their likes and dislikes before you gather and insert your keywords into the desired content.For example, if you have found out that your target audience is mostly teens then your entire website along with the content and keywords should be centered on a youthful theme. Words including slangs that are used by teens can get increased rankings when teens type in those same words during searches and should be included in your list of keywords.
- You will also need to further hone your research to find out if a particular gender might comprise of your targeted customers. On the other hand, the products might appeal to people of a specific religion or age bracket or even a specific geographical location. You will need to study the product lineup as well as its intended destination so as to further fine-tune your campaign.
- Once you have matched the business with the potential audience then you should create a rough spreadsheet of core keywords as well as related keywords, localized keywords, long tail keywords, and key phrases to build up a rich database that you feel will be typed by interested people.
- You should check the potential of all these proposed keywords including misspelled words using a host of free or paid tools to further add or delete keywords so as to end up with a more precise list.
- One additional way of locating additional keywords is to study the competition and find out their keywords through the use of various tools that can be found online. In addition, you should also try to find out the cost of each competitor’s SEO campaign in order to confirm if you can indeed do the same at a lower cost or with far better efficiency.
- Based on your own budget you can now prepare your final keyword list that has been painstakingly chosen after following the above steps and use them in related content to attract the attention of major search engines and potential customers with laser-precision effect.
An effective SEO campaign needs to consider all aspects of any business including its products, target audience, geographical location, and the competition so as to deliver a list of rich keywords for the website.